Many Americans missed out on vacations in 2020 as the pandemic limited their travel options. As of August 2020, only 14% of Americans said they were willing to travel domestically or internationally; 41% were willing to travel once restrictions eased; and 35% said they would not take a trip until a vaccine is available.According to a recent survey, the No. 1 choice among Americans looking for a winter getaway is simply taking a road trip.
This wanderlust activity exceeds even popular standards such as skiing, beach resorts and camping trips. Survey respondents said their top U.S. destination this winter is Vermont, followed by Oregon, Maine, Wyoming, Colorado, Hawaii, Nevada, California, South Carolina and Utah.
For those interested in venturing to a warmer climate this time of year, here’s what to expect at the following Winter Getaway places:
· Los Angeles, California: Occasional days of rain or a winter storm, but otherwise pleasant with highs in the mid 60s
· Las Vegas, Nevada: Mild days in the high 50s, with colder nights that may be below freezing
· New Orleans, Louisiana: Daytime highs in the low 60s
· Orlando, Florida: Temps in the low 70s with mostly sunny skies and humidity
· Miami, Florida: January is usually quite nice, with some clouds and temps in the high 60s
· Bahamas: Dry with daytime temps in the high 70s
We are an independent firm helping individuals create retirement strategies using a variety of insurance products to custom suit their needs and objectives. This material is intended to provide general information to help you understand basic retirement income strategies and should not be construed as financial advice.